Monday, August 13, 2007

and she's off.

so i finally ventured out of the house with my laptop in tow...in my spanking brand new laptop backpack...i felt a bit like back to school with sillymortalmama!...but out i went...

and let me tell you, there is a whole big ol' exciting world out there!

not where i was, mind you, but somewhere! i'm almost certain of it!

see, where i went the coffee guy, some teenager, affected a british accent the. entire. time. i. was. there.

OMG!...yes, i just used txtspeak, but OMG!

it's bad enough when my kids do it, but when it's a perfect stranger?...he's got to be related to the boss or the boss doesn't care...which is far worse...lord, people are strange.

then, someone came in with a whole passel of kids...loud, whiny, crying kids and she was trying to reason with every single one of them...good god...she couldn't have been the mom...or else she is and she's fucked...

regardless, it was a very boisterous ten minutes...

then some woman tripped right outside the window i was sitting next to and the ambulance came all loud and sireny and a crowd formed...a loud, view blocking, light snuffing crowd...(she was fine)

the seats were too low, the tables too high, the cups were too small and lent to easy spillage, and i swear to god the guy behind me was reading my screen...

BUT, despite it all, i wrote more in one hour than i have since before wingman was born...

i daresay, good stuff too...and yes, i am being immodest but i don't care...it took me so long to get here and to know i'm not a complete hack is a good feeling...

so, i'm on my way.

to what i don't know...but it's good to have started.

x.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

wooo :) I am REALLY REALLY REALLY happy for you.