Wednesday, August 04, 2004

happy anniversary baby, i got you on my mind!

i'll admit it, i did used to quite enjoy the little river band...

but i digress...

happy anniversary to my fabulous and wonderful and amazing husband!

today the lord of the ring and i mark yet another year in this continuing journey we call marriage...

older and wiser we have become, and yet no less in love...actually, more so each day...

i owe it all to the fact that we continue to be friends, continue to communicate, and out of sheer necessity as we need to band together in the face of the boybarians!...no easy feat, you must understand...

the fact that the lord of the ring is such an amazing man has much to do with it as well...

in fact, this morning while pawing through papers to find something for the duke i came across this

august 1998

blessed is the lord of the ring, do-er of deeds
dad of all trades
my love
i am blessed with this man
i am blessed with this love


and on the same page i also wrote

like he says: if it is, it is...if it's not, thank god!

a motto i daresay has carried us farther than we could have possibly dreamed!...

i am amazed by my husband's optimism and willingness to put it all out there...to keep going even when others would have stopped...i am amazed by what he has accomplished and what he will continue to accomplish in the future...i am amazed he so good naturedly goes along with finding himself, more often than not, at the short end of my schtick...

i am so grateful that he has always encouraged me to be myself, and to do what i need...that he is so giving has allowed me to explore my needs and my wants and my options and has played a huge part in my becoming the person i always wanted to be...

he has made a rocky road more level and rewarding than i could ever imagine...and he has supported me every step of the way...with a strong and steady hand and a willing and loving heart...

but honestly, i am not at all amazed that we ended up together and continue to be happy...not one bit...

even though once upon a time he dumped me and took a horrible and truly undeserving woman (who was given to wearing heels leopard print catsuits, i might add) on an all expense paid trip to europe...

but again, i digress...

i love you my fabulous husband...i am honored and humbled by our connection...i am blessed by our many years together...and i look forward to all of the years to come...

x.

No comments: