Saturday, February 25, 2006

the gift that says he'd marry you all over again...

(something happened to my blog and i had to futz with it and as a result the beginning of this post was eaten...this is the gist of it)

since i was in high school i have LOVED land cruisers...but not any old land cruiser...specifically the late eighties/way early 90's land cruisers before they changed the body style...a mistake in my opinion, but nobody asked me...anyhow, the boxy square ones...I LOVE THEM!

whenever i'd see them driving by, parked whatever i'd just get that little bit of electricity...a little jolt going through my body that said i. love. that. truck.

i can totally understand america's love affair with the automobile...because once you fall, there's no getting up...except i've largely been a one truck girl...sure, there have been other cars i've given more than a passing glance to...but none could compare to the land cruiser...

since we've been needing a car for oh i don't know like forever, we've been on and off considering this and that...what we could afford, what might suit us best...

then one day the lord of the ring calls me up at the grocery store where i'm about to more than adequately prove to the boybarians just why it is that the lord of the ring is the more popular parent when i answer the phone and hear him say

"i bought you car"

"oh. OH"

"a 1990 fj62 land cruiser with a recent chevy v8 conversion...it's white...it's totally sweet!"

"oh my god, really?!"

"yeah"

"oh my god!...when. how. where is it?"

"um, well it's in michigan"

we leave monday.

so there you have it...

so far my big joke is it doesn't need a winch because there's already one driving it.

buh dump bump...

i know...they're spelled differently...it's early yet...

anyhow, really it's the most romantic gesture i could think of...a 16 year old vehicle in the middle of nowhere that costs less than most wedding rings...what more could a girl ask for!...i LOVE it!...not that i am surprised, but i LOVE that my husband knows me so well...he knows my heart and my soul and it has nothing to do with big red bows on a brand new car...

some say it with diamonds, some say it with 4000 pounds of cold, hard steel...

now i'm just hoping for our anniversary he'll get me the full size ARB roof rack...

a girl can dream...

i'll post from the road and let you know how it's going, in the meantime i've got a trip to plan!

enjoy your weekend...

x.

No comments: