Friday, April 29, 2005

it's friday, it's raining (again), and it's only a matter of time until my car dies for good...

this car...if this car was a cat it would be my cat...

it's like driving miss daisy...literally...like it's me and the boybarians and all of our stuff and we're all on some really old woman's back and she's trying to take us where we need to go...

the mathematician says my car is like a tom waits song...which would amuse me if it weren't so damned true...

i could list all that is wrong with it, but i don't think i have it in me...and there's probably more wrong with it than i even can imagine...

and now, apparently it has become a home away from home to some wasps...today was the second day in a row i was greeted by one of the little fuckers while driving down the road trying to gain enough speed so the car coming up behind me didn't smash into me...

meanwhile, the radio and tail lights went out today so i was under the hood in the rain jury rigging shit and replacing a fuse...in the liquor store parking lot...nice...why do i feel my childhood rushing back?

the car, like the cat even got me out of bed prematurely this morning...it started with the sound of raindrops...which then had me leaping from bed with the distinct memory of *not* having shut the sunroof yesterday...

which technically isn't the car's fault, but really, for the sake of argument, it is...just like it's technically not the cat's fault when she pukes on the stairs and pees on my bed because she's so old she doesn't know better...but really, it is...

part of me thinks i don't deserve this, and the other part of me thinks it's just carma...(she says ducking...sorry, i couldn't resist)

happy friday, and may all of you get where you need to go without the aid of a roll of duct tape and lots and lots of swearing...

x.

No comments: