Tuesday, April 26, 2005

eight years ago today...

after going 2 weeks past my due date, 36 hours of labor, 1 separated pubic bone, 16 cups of blood lost, 1 round trip to hell and back, a near trip to heaven, and some pretty heavy bargaining with the powers that be, all 10 1/2 pounds of the duke of fun was born...the picture of health and not a scratch on him...

i of course was a broken and bloody wreck who had to be sent to the hospital to be pumped full of blood and morphine...nothing like setting up the dynamics early, huh?

and after all of that, you think he could let me sleep past 4 am on his birthday...

no chance...

the truth of the matter is, i owe my life to that boy...if it weren't for him i wouldn't be here today...when i was bleeding and it was all going downhill so fast the thing that compelled me to keep fighting was the fact that for the first time in my life i had something greater than myself to fight for...something beyond my own ego...a better source of power i do not know of...

it's amazing just how amazing life becomes when you remove yourself from the center of it...

so happy birthday to the duke of fun, my beloved boy and awesome eight year old!!!...

i certainly could not have asked for a better gift than to celebrate the day he was born every year...

x.

No comments: