Friday, February 12, 2010

your moment(s) of zen.

Dear Universe,

You've been fucking with me for awhile now. And this most recent chain yanking you've been doing is just lovely. Because what girl doesn't like to be attacked on her vainest level? But as you can see you haven't bested me. I'm still standing. I still get out of bed every morning. Everyone around me is still warm and fed and happy and enjoying life. You haven't won. And you won't. Though I suspect that's not what you're after. I suspect this is all about some kind of 'lesson.' Fine. I get it. I can do this.

So give me your best until you're all worn out. And you'll see I'll still be standing. Because I know a secret. Do you want to know what it is? I'm going to tell you anyway.

The secret is that you can fuck with me all you want and I will never give up because I know just how good it's going to feel when you stop. And that's good enough for me.

Yours,
the girl

p.s. The other part of the secret is you need to have kick ass music around if you're gonna kick ass.

it's in this spirit i present to you this week's moment(s) of zen. kick out the kids and turn it up. and you're welcome.

(it's got a glitchy pause at the beginning. give it a few seconds.)

x.

No comments: